Forensic Science deals with scientific works related to crime only. Therefore, Forensic Science is directly related to Judiciary and investigating agencies such as Police, CID, NIA, Central Excise, Customs etc.
Directorate of Forensic Science, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati receives cases from Assam Police, Maghalaya Police, Nagaland Police, Mizoram Police, Tripura Police, Manipur Police and Arunachal Pradesh Police. Moreover, it receives cases from Central organizations such as Central Excise, Customs, NIA, CBI, Indian Railways, ONGC, OIL etc.
Directorate also receives cases which are sent by different courts of law from entire north eastern region.
1. Forwarding letter to the Director by competent authority (Not below the rank of DSP)
2. List of articles to be examined.
3. Questionnaires (Nature of examination required)
4. Authority letter to break open the seal to examine the articles contained in the parcel.
5. Description of Seal used to seal the parcel.
6. Post Mortem Report (If required)
The cases should be submitted during office hours.
How to apply:
The above-mentioned documents should be deposited at the counter of Directorate of Forensic Science, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati – 19 in office hours. A receipt will be issued against each case received at the Directorat
Type of Service:
Whom to Contact:
Directorate of Forensic Science